The Connecticut Department of Transportation is holding a series of public meetings to provide the public with an opportunity to learn about the Department’s Municipal Separate Storm Sewer System (MS4) program.
On July 1, 2019, the Connecticut Department of Transportation (the Department) will begin operating under the “General Permit for the Discharge of Stormwater from Department of Transportation Separate Storm Sewer Systems” issued by the Connecticut Department of Energy and Environmental Protection. The permit requires the Department to develop a Stormwater Management Plan (SWMP) and make it available for public review and comment. The SWMP documents the best management practices the Department will be implementing in an effort to improve water quality discharging from DOT’s stormwater system. The presentations will provide an overview of the Department’s MS4 permit, SWMP and highlight areas of potential coordination and data sharing with Municipalities.
- DOT District 1, Southeast COG – April 4, 2019, 7 pm
- DOT District 2, Capital Region COG – April 23, 2019, 7 pm
- DOT District 3, Metro COG – June 5, 2019, 7 pm
- DOT District 4, Naugatuck Valley COG – May 13, 2019, 7pm
- CT DOT HQ, Newington, CT – May 20, 2019, 10am